In the past I've mentioned Morgan is a 14 year year old trapped in a 5 year old body.
A couple of days ago her inner teenager surfaced again.
My parents had come for a visit and were just walking out the door. Their exit is usually followed by a meltdown of massive proportions from my sweet daughter. This day was a whole different experience. Just as we were saying our goodbyes the phone rang. I was greeted by a tiny voice on the other end asking to speak to Morgan.
Morgan took the phone: "Hello?" she said "Okay! Bye!".
I asked "Who was it?"
"Ethan, I have to go."
"What do you mean 'you have to go.'?"
"I'm going out with Ethan, Bye Baba, Bye Papa!"
And out the door she ran.
2 comments:
Oh dear! She is growing up just a little too quickly!
A woman trapped in a child's body. Good luck and be a courageous mom. Thanks for a wonderful post.
Post a Comment