This is my Uncle Jerry . Sadly he passed away yesterday. He was 62.
Uncle Jerry has a loving wife, two sons and a daughter, two brothers and a sister and a handful of nieces and nephews.
My Uncle Jerry was one of those people who was always smiling, he was a practical joker, a teaser and an all around funny guy. He had an incredibly infectious hardy belly laugh that would fill a room with smiles. He could be the life of the party, stirring up trouble and generally raising the noise level to a new high.
He was my Dads younger brother and a father of three. You could see the love he had for his family whenever they were together. A smirk, a wink, a squeeze or punch on the shoulder and the sparkle in his eye when they were around. His love for his grandson was beyond words and I know Nicholas will miss him desperately. Sadly his only other grandchild was born just days before he died, a little princess named Jesslyn. She will never experience what a warm and wonderful man her grandpa was.
My heart aches for my Aunty Joanne and my cousins. I can't imagine how they must be feeling tonight. I would be so lost without my Dad, without my kids Papa, my heart literally hurts for them. My Dad, my Aunt and my Uncle Ray have lost a brother, again, something I couldn't imagine. I am sad for many reasons tonight, for the loss of an Uncle whom I loved, for my Dad and his siblings, for my Aunt who has lost her life partner far too early in her life, for my cousins who lost their Daddy, and for his grandchildren, the two who are here and those yet to come. I will miss my Uncle Jerry. Tonight I am crying for a man who always made me laugh....I think he'd find the irony in that pretty funny.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran

No comments:
Post a Comment