"Yeah, why?" I respond because I KNOW that's a loaded question, I've been with this guy 15 years, I know that's not just a passing comment.
"I was thinking (RUN AWAY RUN AWAY) we should make perogies too?"
(Blink, blink) "Why would we cook the perogies and take them all the way to my moms?"
" No, I was thinking we should MAKE the perogies."
"Ummm, like make from scratch, make the perogies?(RUN DAMMIT!!!!!)".
"Yeah, lets do that...I'll find a recipe"
"Huh?" (?????!!!!!) "If we're making perogies, we're using my families recipe." Did you catch it?? Did you see it??? He went from having me think up reasons why we were so NOT going to make perogies... to having me panic over making them from a recipe other then the one in the coveted silver cookbook! in less then one breath....Bugger!...right there he knew he had me! Does it EVERY time.... like when he told me he was buying cross country skis and would probably ski 3 or so times a week...I was stunned "WHAT 3 times?? "...so he adds the "kicker" ....well, I guess we could always get you a pair....bugger!!...but I love him anyway! and I guess I still haven't learned....
...12.5 dozen perogies....and I love him for it....
...and they were damn fine perogies too!
2 comments:
Kudos to you! My hubby came up with the idea to bake something for everyone for Christmas one year..ugh!! Never again!!
I buy the frozen Perogies that some in a box. I'm lazy like that. So I give you credit for making them homeade, that looks like a LOT of work!
Post a Comment