I've been cheating on you! I'll admit it...I've been blogging over at Sparkpeople. So here's today's blog, cuz I'm feeling guilty about not blogging here! By the way, I lost two pounds on Sparkpeople last week.... Yay me!
Holy crap it's cold! Yikes! The little miss is home from school today but thankfully due to some rule changes in our house (regarding TV) my children have learned to play (mostly) together. I think perhaps later this afternoon I will introduce them to the new toy that was delivered yesterday. Yes folks, it's here...MY Wii Fit!! I'm super excited! I have no idea if it will actually help me, but heck it can't hurt right?? Moving of any kind when it's -47C is a good thing!
I've found some new "healthy" recipes lately too...which I LOVE! It's been a while since I made something different from the regular fare. Two of them are slow cooker recipes which is even better because (as we all know) the children are crazed during the hour before dinner. If I don't have to stand at the stove for 45min's then YAY for controlled chaos!
I made this recipe two nights ago....LOVED IT. It sounds a bit weird but it's darn good. Turkey Chili I added alot more veggies to this and some vinegar.
I also made this salad recipe that was fantastic! Apple Almond Salad
This one is for slow cooker Corn Chowder it's the same one I received a few months ago from a neighbour. I made it without the butter, used 1% milk and added jalapeno pepper sauce to mine and DH's. It was quite good the way it is though!
Today I'm trying this and if it tastes half as good as it smells it will become a new staple. I added a little ginger to this Pork tenderloin with apples.
No comments:
Post a Comment