Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year New Attitude.

I'm back, and hopefully I'll get back to blogging on a regular basis again (haven't I said this before?).
I'm working on making some improvements to my life...like cleaning my cupboards so I can actually fit all my sh-tuff in them. Last week we sat down as a family and came up with some 'new' rules. Most of these are pretty basic and should be understood to be a "rule" but now they are written down and have become LAW...well maybe not, but we made a poster and hopefully it will help keep me sane.

Here's a few choice ones:

Put away one toy before playing with another...interesting concept, yes?
Take your coat, hat and mitts to the FRONT DOOR closet when you come in....(Ahem...Daddy!)
Tuesday is family game night....not really a rule but something to accomplish.
Do the dishes before you go to bed...this is a Mommy and Daddy rule.
Throw your garbage in the garbage can....you'd be amazed at where I find a certain princesses trash some days!
and my personal favorite....
TV OFF between lunch and snack time....Morgan asked for a playtime rule....go figure!

I'm working on a list of rules for myself as well, here's the beginning of that list.

Go for a time out before freaking out....yeah Mommy has a temper!
Play for at least 1 hour a day.
Get some form of exercise every day!
Take the kids out of the house once a week...and the mall doesn't count!
Get out for kid free time once a month.
Stick to my Sparkpeople plan...period.

Maybe I should add blogging to my list of rules as well, like I said, it's a work in progress.

Here's to a great New Year....thanks for reading!

http://friendster-glitter.blogspot.com






If you're interested in joining me at Spark (it's free! Really free not use it for a month and then have to pay free, or only get half the tools unless you pay free....this is FREE FREE) I'd love to have a few friends there...leave me a comment if you're interested and I'll give you my profile name.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you again! I was starting to wonder. Great list of rules too...I may need to borrow it. ;)