Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Has it been 4 months?!

Wow, I can't believe I haven't blogged anything in four months!
All I can say is I'm so glad it's spring!! The past couple months have been hard on me. Not for any particular reason, just in general. I always get into a funk come February and this year it seemed particularly bad in April. I don't know if it's just the age of the kids or just my need for adult conversation but needless to say I've been a bit of a bear recently. I think I'm finally digging my way out of my little hibernating place.
I did make myself a New Years resolution this year, not something I normally do, but it involved my getting out of the house. I promised myself I'd go out once a month at a minimum without the kids. Whether that was a date night or a class or a movie with friends it didn't matter. Just out of the house and away from the kids for a bit. I've stuck too it. I even managed to get out once a week for two straight months taking a cake decorating course. I have to admit those two months were the best of the last four. I was happier, and more energized in the days following my evening outings. I guess I just need that stimulation or maybe it's that I was doing something for ME....either way I think I'll need to take more classes next winter...maybe seven a week or something! I'm kidding, but it will be a priority next winter...
Hopefully my happier moods will continue and I will take the time to sit down and blog a little more often. Hopefully someone still reads this, and even if you don't it's still therapy for my soul....

1 comment:

jubilee said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You are welcome to stop by anytime!