Last night, I was up and out of bed no less than five times!
What the hell?!
Seriously, don't get me started on the ferberizing business, I'm not into that. I'd rather get up once a night to rock my kid than listen to him cry. But that's a whole other topic.
Enter: John problem #1, he's never been a consistant all night sleeper. He goes to sleep on his own in his crib like a big boy (no crying just waves bye bye and goes to sleep), but still gets up once a night usually around 4am. I give him a little 5 minute cuddle and he's off to la la land for another 3.5 to 4 hours. No problem right?
That is until he's teething! OMG! the kid was up three times last night . When he's like this no form of cuddle, bottle or rocking will sooth him, and try to get liquid Tylonal into him at 2am and your washing it off the ceiling for a month! We've been through this before (about 17 times actually LOL) and it's murder.
So, what did I do in my infinite wisdom the last time we went through this???? That's right people....I brought him into my bed! Bad, bad, bad.... this was a very simple solution, lay down with the boy, he settles in about 30 seconds and we are both asleep. SO what's wrong with that....really??
Enter: Problem #2
Miss Morgan: my not so easy to put to sleep, but has slept through the night since she was 6 months old child. Morgan came into my room about a month ago and noticed her little brother all comfy and snuggled between mom and dad. "John sleeps in your bed?" OH DEAR!
So, the following morning, Morgan wakes while daddy is getting ready for work and slips into my room, into my bed, cuddles up to me and promptly falls asleep. Whats wrong with that?... Nothing I guess. But, for about a week or more we have mornings like that....and then one night when she falls out of bed...what does she do??? She promptly gets up and comes in our bed.
Present day: Here we are a few weeks later and now whenever she stirs in the middle of the night I find her in my bed. I let her fall asleep and put her back in her bed. SO...now EVERY time she even rolls over and realizes she is alone and in her bed, she gets up, gathers up pillow, blanket and teddy and toddles into my bed!
Last night: John is teething and Morgan is in my bed....FIVE times I am out of bed....3 times with John, twice to put Morgan back in her bed....I am FINISHED!!!
I am taking a stand!
TODAY, I AM TAKING BACK MY BED!
No more kids in my bed!!
Even if it means I'm up and down dragging screaming kids back to their room at 2am! If the girl slept through the night from 6 months old, she can do it again...and not in my bed! And John has 2.5 more teeth to come out, so I pray we are almost through with the unsettled nights. Also, I am buying him his own big boy bed....this weekend! I'll lay down with him there.
Enough is enough people!
***Update*** six months later: John now sleeps through the night consistantly!!! And Miss Morgan goes to bed on her own every night with little to no fussing... I forgot how utterly wonderful it was to have my evenings for just hubby and me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment