Monday, July 07, 2008

"Do you need to pee??"

We are in the midst of potty training our little man. Yay! I've been doing diapers non-stop for the last 4.5 years, I don't know what I'll do with all my free time!

Here are a few fun facts I've learned while potty training my 2 babes:

  • Any sort of competitive nature your children have is a HUGE advantage in potty training. "Do you have to pee? If you don't hurry your sisters going to pee first!"
  • Potty's are disgusting and fun. My kids LOVE the potty, it's SO fun to sit on it on the deck, in the living room and carry it down to the basement, but damn I hate it when they decide to carry through the house to empty it themselves...yuck and double yuck!
  • Bribes are bad. Trying to tell a child they only get Smarties if they actually pee, instantly teaches your two year old how to lie.
  • Once you let your child wear their Strawberry Shortcake/Curious George underwear you'd better be prepared to purchase at least 6 more pairs because there will be NO OTHER underwear EVER worn by said child again.
  • Folding travel potty seats: convenient, sanitary & leave big bum boo boos if not unfolded perfectly before being sat on.
  • Automatic flushing toilets cause the fear to urinate in public.
  • Little boys think it's pretty cool they can pee standing up, especially when they realize their sister can not.
  • Yelling "I HAVE TO POOP!!!" in a restaurant or church is perfectly acceptable, funny and mortifying for your parents if you are 3.
  • All children will fall off the toilet at least twice while trying to watch themselves pee.
  • Pull-ups: just say no for everyday use: Morgan (age 3): "Mommy, I want to color for a while/Calliou is on/I want to play outside, can I wear a pull-up now?"

Wish me luck! Hopefully by then end of summer we will be diaper free forever!!!

No comments: