Thursday, July 03, 2008

Sleep...where are you?

Oh dear God please don't let this be the beginning of something awful. I've been through bouts or insomnia before and this feels awfully familiar. I've always managed okay, sometimes I actualy get a whole hell of a lot accomplished (think cleaning, cooking, decorating etc.), however that was in the days before Facebook and Blogs...and not to mention my children.
I have had one bout of insomnia since my kids were born, thankfully it coincided with John cutting some teeth so there was little harm done. I would have been dead tired anyway so why not be wide awake at 4am waiting for the little guy to wake up? One thing I did notice is that the 4am TV choices have improved thanks to HGTV and the Food Network. I do appreciate that Cable channels now cater to the sleepless. Or perhaps it was always like that and now I'm just a little older and a little more dull. Who's to know?
Anyhoo, I'm sitting here in my living room at 12:30 wondering if I will ever feel tired enough to sleep, thinking about the fact that John fell asleep before supper and will likely be up at the crack of dawn and contemplating whether I should turn on the TV to watch one more mindless Reality TV show or tend to the dishes in the sink..... hmmm what to do?


*** UPDATE*** I managed to get about 3.5 hours sleep after sitting on my couch trying to pick a stain color for the deck... paint chips = sleep, who knew?

1 comment:

Suzanne's Blog, Jane's Blog said...

Hello, I just popped over from the mom blogs, love your site. I know about the sleping thing, I am tired all day, but when I go to bed I have a hard time sleeping. I wake up all nite long with hot flashes, since I had a hysterectomy in March. It sucks, but glad to hear you got some sleep. (janes blog)