John is officially toilet trained! Yah us! ...no more diapers...well at least until we're 80.

I made my cake for the family get together. It turned out all right, one layer appears to be a little crooked and for some reason (humidity I think) my stupid icing wouldn't set up enough for me to smooth it. But oh well!
The family get together was awesome. My mom and all 8 of her siblings were there along with most of my cousins and their kids and spouses. These get togethers are affectionately known as 40 Roaster dinners, we don't do them often anymore, I
think the last one was two years ago..I'll give this special day it's own post later this week.I'm ALONE today! My parents have graciously taken my kids for the remainder of the week so they get a little holiday and I get a little break. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my Mom and Dad?
I'm supposed to be working this week, but STILL haven't anything to do. Oh well! hee hee hee.....guess I'll have to watch TV and clean my closet instead!
I'm going on a date with my dearest tonight! I'm so excited, dinner and a movie. We've actually been able to go out a few times this year which is wonderful. We really need to find a babysitter here so we can go out once a month.
Julie bought the cake pans for her wedding cake *giggle* I'm so excited!
The Hyboard reunion was cancelled, mainly because no one would confirm if they were planning on attending. I'm rather irritated about the situation but that's nothing new!
It's amazing what a few months can do: I've lost 13lbs this year, the monsters under the bed are gone, my kids no longer sleep in my bed and go to sleep once they are tucked into their beds and John's speech has improved to the point where non-family members understand some of what he says. It's amazing how fast life changes.
I'm so glad I've started blogging on a regular basis now. It's nice to look back at my blog posts (both those I've published and those I've not) and see just how far we've come in a year. Morgan starts Kindergarten this fall, John will start Pre-school and will officially be a big buy once the 'doo-doo' is gone. By the time the kids birthday rolls around in November life will be so different...again!
1 comment:
Adorable cake!
I love the colors.
Angela
Post a Comment