Here are my coveted secret recipes, okay they're not so secret and they're not even mine really but they are damn good so I thought I'd share.
I've posted this cake recipe before but this time I'll add my little 'secret' ingredients to the mix!
Stick to the Roof of your mouth Chocolate Super Moist Cake Mix Cake
1 box Betty Crocker Devils food cake mix
1 box Jello instant chocolate pudding (4 serving size)
4 eggs
1 cup oil (yes 1 WHOLE cup)
1 cup water
blend together and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. I actually time it, trust me you won't regret it.
Bake at 320 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes (check at 30 and every 5 mins after that) or until toothpick comes out clean.
I adjust the temperature of the oven and baking time based on the size of the cake pan, larger pans sometimes need a higher oven temp. but if you keep your oven cool you won't get that big cake hump.
Super Moist White Almond Cake
Substitute Devils food cake with Betty Crocker White cake mix and vanilla pudding for the chocolate pudding. Add 1.5 tsp almond extract.
Super Moist White Chocolate Cake
Substitute White cake mix and white chocolate pudding for chocolate. Add 1 oz.. melted slightly cooled white chocolate to batter.
Raspberry Buttercream Icing
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla (or raspberry extract)
1/2 cup raspberry jam (seedless if you can find it)
4 cups icing sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp salt
4 Tbsp of water/milk
Cream butter, shortening, jam and vanilla. Add salt and icing sugar one cup at a time. Add 3 Tbs water mix on medium speed for 2 minutes, check consistency and add more water if necessary one Tbs at a time. Spreading consistency Icing should fall off a butter knife when inverted with almost no jiggling. This will make enough icing to fill and ice one cake. Can be cut in half for filling.
Super Dark Chocolate Icing
1 cup shortening
1 Tbs meringue powder
4 cups icing sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp salt
3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder (I use Hershey's Special Dark, I bought it in the US)
5-8 Tbs water or milk (amount used depends on humidity and brand of icing sugar used)
See Raspberry buttercream for mixing instructions. For piping consistency test with a butterknife: Icing should fall off an inverted knife after some jiggling. Reserve 1/3 icing for piping. Add additional water to remaining icing 1 Tbs at a time until spreading consistency. Makes 3-4 cups icing.
Happy baking!!
1 comment:
This is making me hungry! Have anything for a chocolate zucchini recipe? I've tried two different ones and still am not totally pleased....
Post a Comment