Sunday, September 07, 2008
Kindergarten Eve
Well, tomorrow is the big day, it's Kindergarten Eve tonight. All of the excitement and nerves have reached their climax tonight. Tonight my big girl needed someone to lay with her while she fell asleep, she hasn't needed that in many many months. She was excited to choose her outfit, and had her bag packed (snack and all) by 9:30am, but the closer it got to bedtime the more she became "concerned". I know she'll be fine, she has been to Pre-school and she has not had any separation issues...ever...but tonight when she asked "will I go to school the day after tomorrow too?" and I responded with the obvious answer, she didn't seem as excited anymore. I think she may be commitment phobic, the whole it EVERY DAY thing seemed to impact her and struck a small panic chord somewhere deep down. It's funny that she reacted that way, since she would ask to go to pre-school everyday just last spring, but perhaps since this is new...new to all of us she seemed a little worried as she drifted off to sleep. I know she will be fine, she is very outgoing, happy, excited to learn and adaptable. She's just a worrier sometimes....a little like her Mommy I think, who, even though someone will lay beside tonight still probably will not sleep a wink....on Kindergarten Eve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment