So "the girl" was an absolute brat at the grocery store today. Think screaming, pushing the cart into the shelves and other customers when my back was turned and running away. I know she's just tired but really!...I was mortified! And the looks I was getting from the other people in the store! You know the one: "Woman! Can't you control your children, you're a horrible mother!" There was this elderly lady in the produce aisle, she actually stood there starring with her mouth open. Gees, I felt like an absolute failure as a parent.
Anyway, I got her (Morgan not the old lady) in the car and lectured her sufficiently. I wouldn't have minded lecturing some of the folks with the dirty looks but that's another story. I took away her craft privileges and her treat from the previous store we'd stopped in and drove home in a mood. By the time we drove the 20minutes home I'd cooled off enough to once again act like a grown up and speak to my child.
Unbuckling her from the car I said "So, is there anything you'd like to say to me about what happened at the store today?"
She stepped from the van and responded "Nope! but I would like to say something about the ride home."
"Oh?" I said "What would that be?" putting my hands on my hips.
"You drove too fast and I dropped my sticker, so now I won't be speaking to you" and she turned on her heel and stomped into the house.
Yup.... can't wait until she's 14!
4 comments:
Heehee! What a little Miss Drama. At least she knows her own mind, right? :)
Great thought process on the Mom-it's-all-your-fault-for-losing-my-stickers thing. The are sooo {il}logical at that age. ;)
If only it got better when they were teenagers. Sadly, they simply have a better vocabulary and find more creative ways to express their utter dislike for you at tiny issues. HA! But good thing is they're SOMETIMES easier to reason with.
LMAO who hasn't gone through that? I feel your pain
Tenille
Ha ha ha! She sounds like she's already fourteen!
Post a Comment