My poor overtired little princess is not having a good week...apparently.
For the last two days not including yesterday afternoon she has had to endure riding the bus the whole 5 minute ride alone! Not really alone...there are other kids on the bus, she has just had to SIT alone. Now it's not that she HAS to sit alone, it's that the girls she knows, 4 of them, are sitting with one another and she's the odd man out. Now, I've tried to explain the math to her, you know 5/2 and all that but apparently that's lost on a Kindergartener. Then I tried to explain that last week another little girl had to sit alone one day and then I tried to convince her she could sit with a boy she's sat with in the past...or perhaps one of the other girls she doesn't know as well....but alas....I am wrong....she should be sitting with these girls....
**Sigh**
It hurts to know I can't really help her. I do know how she feels more then I'd care to admit I just don't know how to help her out. And when you're over-tired and five there is no reasoning with your sense of logic. I hate that she's the odd man out, but I know that for the last two weeks she's only sat alone a handful of other times even when there was another girl who frequents our stop sitting alone right behind her. The fact is that two of the girls live side by side and the other two go home together because one mom babysits one of the girls...so that leaves my girly......out....It's not their fault obviously, it's just the facts. I also know that last week she sat with almost every one of the girls at one time or another and I know that one day one of them will be hurt because they have to sit alone ....that's just the way it is....but that doesn't help the hurt right now....today....does it?....Where's my magic wand when I need it???
1 comment:
Oh dear. Poor little Miss Morgan. It's too bad it starts so early. We've had some of the same drama in our house, and it is always a challenge to deal with it. Especially when they are soooo very tired!
Post a Comment