The bus went very well.....for her anyway, I cried as the bus drove away, I tried to fight it but there was no use. By the time I reached the house I was a mess. Anyway, I did not follow the bus to school, although I wish I did, but I thought that would only continue my pain and any doubts that she had would be made worse by my being there. She sat with one of her little friends who had been on a bus before and who is also in her class so I feel better .... there is safety in numbers as they say. It's only a short ride and her teacher assured me she would be meeting the bus when it arrived. Morgan knew the protocol, I'm hoping there were no issues when she got to school .... *sniffle, sniffle, SOB*
On to other things.... I'm feeling rather craptastic about myself these days. I've gained upwards of 7lbs in the last month....Oh yeah! I said SEVEN! Anyway, I've decided today is a new day. I'm starting fresh. No more snacks, no more eating my weight in junk after 9:30pm, no more seconds. Just meals, 3 a day and one evening snack of either fruit or Smart pop. I'm also going to limit myself to one starchy veggie, pasta or rice a day. That's the food plan, I may allow myself some fruit in the afternoon but I'll see how it goes. The other side to making myself feel better about me, is to start exercising. I'm going to workout in some fashion or another 4 days a week. I have a million workout DVD's ranging from 55 minutes to 15, so the time is not important it's being consistent that matters. Making it a habit. So that's the plan, the goal is 20lbs by Christmas. Christmas is 15 weeks away so that's not unreasonable given I know I always lose a fair chunk of weight in the first few weeks. Anyway, now for your part, you are responsible for keeping me honest! I need you here, letting my know you're watching and keeping track of what I'm up to because I know I can't do this without someone keeping tabs on me!
The next part of me feeling better about myself is to get back into a routine. I have had a morning and evening routine for a couple of years now. I just seem to let it slip a little over the summer, so it's time to regroup and get myself organized again. Get my housework plan in order and my daily routines fine tuned. I'll keep you posted on this too. It'll give me an excuse to get it done.

I finally started baking Julie's wedding cake today. I got 3 cakes baked today. I have a total of 9 to do. It will be 3 tiers and each cake is 3 layers. It's a whole lotta cake bakin' that's for sure! I'd like to have them all baked by the 17th, that will give me a week and a half to ice and decorate them. I'm pretty nervous about it all....it's a whole lot of work! here's a sneak peek at the plan for the cake.....
.jpg)

I think I can!
.jpg)

Chocolate frosting, patterned design, ribbon, floral topper and beaded icing border.....Can you picture it??
I think I can!
Let's hope I don't end up on Cake Wrecks!
..and no, I did not make these cakes, I stole the photos from someone else's site..
..and no, I did not make these cakes, I stole the photos from someone else's site..
3 comments:
I'll keep you honest! I've been trying to motivate myself to doing my Pilates every day... I don't know what my problem is, it's only 10 minutes! Geez.
Thanks Sam, I need you. I have 150 fundraising chocolates in my house right now....gulp!
Wow, those are beautiful cakes. I wish you luck! The only cake I need to ice is this weekend ; my daughter wants a Webkinz cake. I am debating between a "Wheel of Wow" style cake, or just a big fun "W" with the swirly design...
When I did weddings, we did cupcakes, and formed a tower with the top tower being a 9" white design on white cake. It was fun, but so time consuming. :)
Post a Comment