Here I thought I'd spend a nice rainy fall afternoon watching good wholesome family movies with my kids...and then BAM! I'm panic stricken, and want to jump out of my chair and shut off the movie for fear my children might repeat the horribly inappropriate phrase I've just heard . Why didn't anyone warn me? Why didn't I know that the kid says that? It was an OH CRAP! Please don't let my kids repeat that at school I'd die if they did type moment!
The movie we were watching....ET!
Now, I have never seen ET before...Okay! Calm down! I can here your jaws dropping and your shrieks of WHAT???WERE YOU LIVING UNDER A ROCK?...I realize that I am likely the only soon to be 34 year old on the planet that NEVER watched ET...but it's true, I have no explanation as to why, I just have never seen it. Anyway, let's move on.
So having never seen this movie, I was not aware that in one of the opening scenes Elliot calls his brother...."penis breath"...now I ask you....what freakin' genius writer thought that a 7 (?) year old would call his brother "penis breath"? Did he (and I HAVE to assume this was a HE) think it would be funny to have all the little elementary schoolers of the world running around calling each other "penis breath"? Really? Is that necessary? I mean the movies target audience was elementary school kids! I realize that as kids we call each other names but what ever happened to stupid head or four eyes! Penis breath??! Hell, why not just have the kid call his brother a cock sucker and get it over with?
Man, I pray Morgan doesn't go prancing around Kindergarten tomorrow chanting "penis breath!" Holy Hell we'd have to move! Seriously!!!! This is one town where even uttering "Oh my gawd" under your breath in the middle of a deserted street gets you dirty looks, never mind sending your 5 year old to Kindergarten singing a song about "Penis breath"!!!
2 comments:
OMG! I've seen it a few times, but totally forgot about the penis breath thing. Good thing I haven't thought about renting it for my kids...oy. That's JUST the thing my 4 year old would zone in on...then the 2 year old would repeat it a million times just for fun. OBVIOUSLY a brilliant male brain at work on THAT one. OY.
I've seen it, but I don't remember that part! Remind me not to rent it, we're just now breaking Rye of the bad habit of calling everybody "Poopyhead", but even that's better than "Penis Breath"!
Post a Comment