Friday, September 05, 2008

Mr Preschool and Miss Kindergarten

For one glorious day a week all winter long I will have 2.5 hours all to myself!
Morgan starts Kindergarten on Monday and John starts Preschool in two weeks. It should be interesting to see how he does given his speech and all. I have to say it is improving. He's suddenly started using words like 'you' and 'me' instead of saying things like 'mom do' he now says 'you do'. He's started using much longer combinations of words as well, which is great. I'm curious to see how he will be received by his peers, will they think he's a baby because he doesn't speak as well as them? I'm still somewhat apprehensive about it but I think (hope, pray) it will be good for him socially. He will have one advantage and that is he will know a couple of girls in his class so at least he won't be totally alone.
I'm off to buy him his backpack today...and a calendar for my fridge so I can be an organized student...ummmm Mommy.

2 comments:

Rosie : ) said...

Hope everything goes well during this week. :)

Anonymous said...

We had the same thing with Carter... sometimes it was hard to understand him when he was younger, but no one ever gave him any grief over it.
Our church is having this thing 2 days a week- sort of a daycare for 4 hours. I'm beside myself with joy. Seriously, I almost cried.;)